Robert N. Gray, CPA and Director of Quality Control
I listen. This helps me identify solutions to client problems – accounting and reporting issues, internal control weakness, reporting deadlines, financing concerns, business acquisitions, whatever – solutions that make business sense and stay within the parameters of applicable requirements or guidelines.
Bob is a shareholder at Rubino & Company and through his leadership, he has helped steer and set strategy for the firm. He has been in the accounting profession since 1974. With more than 40 years of experience, Bob has developed expertise in accounting, auditing, tax and management services. He provides expert guidance on matters related to generally accepted accounting principles. With a focus on the interpretation and practical application of new accounting pronouncements, Bob helps guide clients to ensure a comprehensive understanding of policies and the need for transparent financial reporting. He oversees the firm’s accounting and auditing practice and serves as the firm’s Director of Quality Control for its assurance services. This includes helping Rubino & Company prepare for audits of the future in which data analytics, artificial intelligence and blockchain will reshape virtually every corner of the accounting world.
In addition, Bob is a frequent speaker, presenter and author. He has given numerous presentations and written articles for various publications on a wide range of accounting and auditing matters.
Licenses and Education:
- Certified Public Accountant, State of Maryland
- Villanova University – Bachelor of Science in Accounting – Graduated summa cum laude
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Greater Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- George Mason University & George Washington University – Previously taught accounting and auditing courses