Patrick Curtis, CPA, CGMA
I help organizations improve financial reporting capabilities, contract performance and program delivery through cost-effective internal control recommendations and the identification of and compliance with program and regulatory requirements.
Patrick is a shareholder at Rubino & Company and specializes in providing audit, consulting, and advisory services to government contractors, nonprofit organizations and closely held businesses of varying sizes. He has been in the accounting profession since 1999.
Patrick manages the strategic direction of the firm’s outsourced accounting practice (Powered by Rubino – SOAR) and serves as an engagement partner in the firm’s audit practice. He is the engagement partner for audits and reviews of nonprofits, government contractors and other closely held businesses. He is also the engagement partner for specialized audits performed under the Uniform Guidance, (referred to as Single Audits) and audits of employee benefit plans to include 401(k), 403(b) and Health and Welfare Benefit Plans.
Patrick has provided written testimony, on numerous occasions, to the HHS Departmental Appeals Board in support of cost disallowance actions taken by the Administration for Children and Families against Head Start grant recipients.
Licenses and Education:
- Certified Public Accountant
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
- University of Maryland – Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
- United States Marine Corps Reserve – Six Years Served
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Greater Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Maryland Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Community Action Council of Howard County – Chairman