Jenny E. Herrera, CPA, CGMA
“I build a close relationship with my clients to better understand their needs. I strive to become their business partner and to communicate practical solutions to complex financial matters.”
Jenny is a shareholder at Rubino & Company and is a leader in the firm’s nonprofit growth and operations. She has been in the accounting profession since 1986.
With over 30 years of experience, Jenny is a nationally recognized expert in providing auditing, accounting, and a wide variety of consulting and management advisory services for nonprofit clients, including those with grant funding and global operations. Services provided include financial statement audits, internal and operational controls, management structure, business process and procedures, unrelated business income tax, compliance with government regulations under the Uniform Grant Guidance.
Jenny has also assisted organizations with the implementation of computerized accounting systems, design and implementation of new policies, and reconstruction of accounts. She has helped in the restructuring of clients’ accounting departments, software conversions and has served as an interim and permanent CFO for outsource accounting engagements.
Well-known for her community and industry leadership, Jenny is a frequent speaker, presenter, and she is a lead in-house trainer on a variety of topics specifically related to the issues and concerns facing nonprofit organizations.
Licenses and Education:
- Certified Public Accountant
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
- George Mason University – Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of the Governing Council
- Member of the National Commission on Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Greater Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants (GWSCPA)
- Board of Governors, Executive Committee member (Immediate Past President)
- Chair, Council of Past Presidents
- Past Committee Chair – Scholarship
- Membership Committee
- Committee Member – Membership and NPO Committees
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants – Pro-Bono Committee Member
- Northern Chapter of the Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants – Past Board of Directors Member
- Girl Scouts Council of the Nation’s Capital – Board Member (Governing and Audit Committees)
- George Mason University Foundation – Board Member (Audit Committee)
- George Mason University School of Business Accounting Advisory Board – Past Board Chair